Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Where's Pana?

Our daughter, Amanda and her husband Lance have an American bulldog. She's going on two and is named after our cabin in Pana Illinois. Up until this week she came to work with Amanda everyday except Friday which was a half day for Amanda. She stayed in the office with us where she spent her time sleeping, begging twice a day for the treat that she trained me to give her and chasing little chipmunks out of our fenced in compound. We have a community of them just across the fence in the mountain preserve that our property backs up into.

This week Amanda started her internship in counseling which takes her away three days a week. Hence, no Pana.

Now, why am I missing this goofy animal. No, I mean Pana, not Amanda. Oh, she won't like that joke. Of course I miss Amanda but Amanda is a self sufficient type. She stays busy at her desk and it's been a long while since she's needed her Daddy. Pana, on the other hand will sit for long moments at a time just watching me. Now, I like to attribute this to her devotion and has nothing to do with the treats. If I get up to go out into the yard she is right beside me. If I go to the bathroom I have to shut the door in her face. If I get anywhere close to the cabinet where the treats are stored she loves me so much she almost knocks me over.

I told Lance that if he wants to bring Pana down to the yard, (he works next door) he can leave her in our office and we'll take care of her till he can pick her up after work. But, today she's not here. So, with Amanda gone and Pana not available, all I have left is Carol and she actually works which gets in the way of my entertainment big time.

Any one want to hang out with an old guy?

No comments:

Post a Comment