Thursday, October 22, 2009

Remember What Mama Always Said

A recent Washington Post - ABC News poll stated that only 30% of the Americans polled claimed to be Republicans. I do believe that 90% of those live in Maricopa County and all of them attend North Bible Church. (I know, I know - that's mathematically impossible, just relax). My point is that I have a pretty good idea what the only black kid in class felt like. This doesn't stop me from loving all my right wing friends but enough with the e-mails already.

I was talking with my brother a while back and we were wondering why the only hateful, denigrating e-mails we get are aimed at the Democrats. I don't remember getting an e-mail that bashed John McCain or John Kyl. Not even Sarah Palin. We wondered, why is that?

Here's what I want you to know. I am not a left wing dingbat radical. If anything I am a moderate who can read and think and make my decisions based on what I think is the right way to go. Nobody is right all the time - right or left - red or blue. And, I truly respect your opinion whether I believe it to be correct or not. I just ask for the same.

My mother (and yours) always said, "If you don't have something nice to say about someone don't say anything at all". So, enough with the nasty denigrating e-mails. Try to remember that kind Christian, what would Jesus do part of you.

Don't stop sending me e-mails just please send me a funny joke, or a cute video, or pictures of your baby. If it has anything to do with slamming another person, in the public eye or not, please keep it to yourselves.

To paraphrase a popular adage: "Thank you for sending me your e - mail, I'll waste no time reading it."

And by the way, just to be clear, I credit President Obama's economic stimulus with saving my small business. Without someone like him at the helm when we crashed under the weight of the previous eight years I would have been bankrupt. So, thank you Mr. President and I know that you don't think you deserved the Nobel Peace Prize either, but you got it, so hold it out as a beacon to the future and lead us to a better America.

No comments:

Post a Comment