Friday, October 23, 2009

The Kid In Us All

My brother once asked me how old I was in my dreams. What a great question. I know in my dreams I can still run like the wind and if I had to guess I'd say that I was, not a child but a young man. It's only when I look in the mirror in the morning that I realize that I'm wearing someone elses old face.

I was thinking of this because this weather change has made me almost giddy. So, this weekend Carol and I are dusting off ol' Tiger Lilly, our 19 foot sportdeck boat and we are heading to the lake. That boat has to get on the lake twice a year whether it needs it or not. I've always been a boat guy. I couldn't live anywhere there wasn't a lake close by. There's nothing like opening a throttle with the wind in your face and the occasional spray dusting you to make you feel young and alive.

And, don't we all have a irrepressible kid down inside? Halloween is one of those times of year that the kid comes out in most of us. Especially if you are lucky enough to be invited to a Halloween costume party. Oh man, to be a pirate again. Well, here's the good news, you are invited as my guest to a Halloween party on Friday, October 30 at 7pm. It's being hosted by my friends Joe White and Teri House at 3802 E Desert Cove. This is the northeast corner of 38th Street and Desert Cove. Desert Cove is just north of Shea Blvd. Costumes are strongly encouraged but not required. Casablanca Blue, the band I play with, is providing the live music. It's going to be a lot of fun. All you need to bring is a favorite beverage if you have a particular choice.

Come on, unleash that kid in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment