Friday, October 30, 2009

This is it!

Tonight I'm going to blow my brains out. No, this isn't a suicide note. The band is playing at a Halloween party tonight so I get to blow my harmonica. We're setting up outside so I'm thinking of wearing my long johns. Amazing how quickly the weather can change. I like cool, but am not a big fan of cold. People complain about the heat here. I came from Illinois so I don't mind the heat. Heat can be uncomfortable but cold hurts. I remember living in Illinois and walking the seventy five yards from the parking lot to the office building I was working in and the cold was so bitter that my nose and chin would be frozen before I got in the door. Carol and I lived on a farm the year before we moved out here and I remember there being a thermometer mounted outside the kitchen window and I distinctly remember it registering 30 below zero one time.

Speaking of Illinois, tomorrow morning Carol and I board one of those big yellow birds of Southwest Airlines and fly to St. Louis. Two hours later we'll be at the lake cabin. The weather reports say we should take all our warm clothes. Carol's family has already checked the furnace and tell us it is working. This is a very good thing. The cold may cut back on my screened-in porch time but I'm excited to go anyway. But I'm not sure of Internet availability so I may not have a blog for a while.

What is that? Is that a sigh of relief. Just you wait till I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment