Monday, October 19, 2009

Send me a thousand dollars and God will reward you.

Renowned circus impresario P.T.Barnum said "There is a sucker born every minute".

I was flipping cabel channels last week when suddenly my ears heard a song that is performed in our church frequently so I stopped. The choir was in fine voice with much emotion and vitality when I noticed that up in the corner of the screen was a box revealing a line of women manning what appeared to be phone banks. Scrolling across the bottem was the enticement "Plant your $1000 seed and God will make your garden grow!"

I thought this was a pretty good deal. $1000 is a whole lot cheaper that having to live a Godly life.

As coincidence would have it Benny Hinn was on 60 Minutes last night. Now, here is a guy that knows how to wring the money out of ....., out of...., uh, suckers. This guy has been a televalgelist for over twenty years. He's the guy in the cheesy white suit and the bad comb over that heals people on stage. Puts his hands out and not even having to touch them (flu virus, right?) they are healed. They can walk, they can see, they can fall right back into the arms of Benny Hinn's, bodyguards, er, assistants. Right there on television in front of thousands of emotional, overwrought, uh.... suckers. The guy has a private jet. Lives large. Has no remorse and no guilt. Man what a gig. I don't know, I was just thinking, the cost of that jet, maybe fund cancer research or a new wing at the Children's Hospital. Think about it Benny. Fly coach and help a poor bald kid with cancer. Pretty good trade off. Or, even better, come on down to the Children's Hospital and cure them all right there. Take your show on the road. You want publicity, man oh man that would do it. You'd get more publicity than Sheriff Arpio.

In the meantime though, you folks that can't make Benny's revival, go ahead send me the thousand bucks and I'll personally forward it to the Children's Hospital. Every bit of it.

PS: For the two of you that are interested I've got some more chapters of the Sundown Corral up on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment