Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How It's Done - 2

I worked on the new painting this week. The first part was pretty boring, just putting a second coat on sap green down for the background areas. The dark green parts are actually just the deep shadows of brush and trees and foliage that will eventually be painted in. The over all picture will have the dramatic light that I really like with great highlights on the brush and cattle and most of all the cowboy and his pony. Today I start building in the cowboy and his pony and you can get to glimpse the dramatic light I'm talking about. It's a slow process but fun and rewarding. My painting coach is a wonderful woman named Cindy Garrison and her phone number is 602 717-9364. No matter your experience or expertise, if you had a inkling to paint she can teach you. She's been doing it for 30 years.

Thanks to Amanda for getting me started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment