Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cyber Spaced

If you read my last blog and I'm assuming that if you're reading this, you did then you know that Amanda has moved on with her life and Carol and I are left to handle Arizona Weed King by our lonesomes.

I came in over the holidays and retooled my desk so that I could jump into the breach ready to go on Monday morning. Sharpened pencils, organized paper clips, got the headset setup on my desk. I'm not one of these that can balance a phone on my shoulder and type into the computer at the same time. I was ready to go!

Monday morning dawned and I booted up my computer, opening all six programs I need access to, and sure enough within a few minutes the phone rang and I took the call with Carol watching me like a hawk. It was a new customer wanting our service and an estimate. I pulled up the proper screen and took all the information. With great aplomb I explain our services just like I had heard Amanda do a million times. Feeling accomplished I hung the phone up and looked at Carol. "How did I do?" I asked smugly. Carol said I did great and with great satisfaction I reached over and hit the next keystroke for the program to schedule the lady and all the information disappeared into space. Gone. Not to come back. Name, phone number, address......all gone. Didn't even wave goodbye. Gone in an instant leaving an old idiot behind.

For anyone interested and you both know who you are, I've posted my two latest paintings on my website. Tina has finished posting the novel "The Sundown Corral" so it is up in its entirety.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment