Tuesday, November 24, 2009

That noise you heard

That big crunching noise you heard this week is me falling with a resounding thud off my low carb diet. I'm a weak man, I admit it. Just the thought of it being Thanksgiving week made me overwhelmed with hunger. I actually had potatoes with my bacon and eggs. I put some marmalade on my toast. We went to lunch with our good friend Martha Wheeler who is visiting from Louisville Kentucky and we went to Olive Garden. Yep, spaghetti and meat sauce. Martha is a real treasure. 86 years old and sharp as a tack and going strong. She raised a large family and spends her year traveling and visiting. Wow, if only we could be so lucky.

Tina tells me that she's making updates to my website and soon I'll have two new painting up. The Sundown Corral is about 95% up, the remaining few chapters soon. Poor Jack, still yearning for the lovely Cassy and knowing he has to leave her behind.

I want you all to have a magnificent Thanksgiving. We truly are blessed that we have survived this year and the recession has bottomed out. Unemployment stills sucks but it appears the housing market may be coming back. But, we still have each other and for most of us, that is all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment