Thursday, November 19, 2009

Miss White Teen Arizona

Yesterday I opened the paper - yes, I am one of the few remaining Americans that actually reads a daily paper, and enjoys it - and I saw a large article in the local section about a Miss Black Teen Arizona pageant. Pictured were some very pretty young ladies so no big deal right?

Except just last weekend Carol and I went to the Miss Teen Arizona USA and Miss Arizona USA pageant to support the beautiful young daughter of a friend of ours and to see our good friend Britt Boyce in action. Britt is the Executive Director of the Arizona pageant and the Utah pageant. Great job Britt! Britt had an array of American beauties to choose from and while I didn't think about it at the time, there were many different ethnic persuasion's to choose from. White girls, Hispanic girls, Black girls. I do believe a lady of color was one of the winners.

The next two days after the contest I scoured the paper looking for a write up on Britt's pageant. I found nothing. A few days later I see the big write up on the Miss Black Arizona pageant which hasn't even taken place yet.

There is something wrong here. Can a white girl run for Miss Black Arizona? You can bet that if Britt held a Miss White Teen Arizona there would be hell to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment