Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wow, ain't Phoenix great!

I love Phoenix. My family says I should be the Chamber of Commerce poster child. When I moved here in 1979 it was the biggest small cowboy town I'd ever seen. My first week I was downtown at the courthouse transacting some business when a guy pulled up on a motorcycle wearing his leathers and a pistol on his hip. In my naivete I assumed this guy must be a undercover cop. Nope! Just a biker going about his business with a gun on his hip.

This memory was prompted by a picture that is racing around the country. A guy carrying an AK47 to an Obama rally here in Phoenix. The law says OK, he has the right. I agree with the law. I have guns. I hunt. I have pistols for protection. I'm licensed to carry them. My heart tells me that the odds on me needing to ever pull a pistol are slim to none, but a day doesn't go by that I don't read about a home invasion somewhere in the city. Pastors at our large Church's are now surrounded by armed bodyguards during church services.

All that being said, what the hell was this idiot with the AK47 thinking. Let me guess. He was thinking he was helping the cause to support the 2ND amendment. The right to bear arms. He couldn't have been more wrong. Those of us that support the second amendment don't need his sorry ass carrying an AK47 to a presidential rally. All he accomplished was to scare the bejezus out of the vast amount of people that don't have guns, don't think about guns, don't care to use a gun for any reason but might not object to the rest of us doing so if we act responsibly. If you want to recruit fence sitters to vote in a anti gun law this is the way to do it. Way to go dimwit.

Okay, after all that testosterone here's my movie of the month. "Julia and Julie" or is it "Julie and Julia", no matter. Get you sweet patootie, get a hold of your feminine self and go see this delight. Amusing, poignant, laugh out loud funny and heart catching. I guarantee you will leave the theater hungry and with the overwhelming desire to go home and cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment