Monday, August 24, 2009

Who's that guy ragging on Phoenix

Just the name of my overall blog -the average boy - should tell you that I'm a pretty moderate guy. I don't usually go to the extreme end of almost anything. Being of this nature I'm always surprised to hear of someone taking an extreme knee jerk reaction to a subject that clearly has two sides to it. I was reading about this - so called - travel expert, Arthur Frommer, who after seeing the story of the nitwit that took a AK47 to an Obama rally in Phoenix, declared that he would never visit Phoenix again. He wanted no part of a place that allowed citizens to carry guns. Read a previous blog and you'll see my attitude about that guy that carried the gun, but I had to just laugh out loud. Great Googilymoogily, if you get spooked by a nut case in a metropolitan city you just limited your travels to Mayberry. And even it had Barney Fife. Try telling the citizens of Chicago or New York, and lord knows L.A that they don't have a few wacko's hanging around. I really don't know who this guy is but I'm pretty sure if he left his home and visited Phoenix the average I.Q. of both places would drop dramatically.

Okay, let me ask you this; How many of you guys have a neighbor that is maybe border line strange. We have this one old couple that cracks me up. He always wears a Jungle Jim safari hat when he's outside and she has fake deer in her desert landscaped front yard. Here's the fun thing. She covers their antlers and the top of their heads with tinfoil. I think she's afraid aliens will read their thoughts. Does every neighborhood have an old reclusive couple living in a house that looks like it belongs in the "Silence of the Lambs"? One cool thing is, we have a neighbor that knocked out the kitchen wall and put in a garage door. In good weather they push a button and have an open air kitchen. That is too cool. We have another neighbor we call Wonder Woman. She does it all. Paints her own house, builds a block wall, stucco's, puts in electricity. Whew! It makes me and my male neighbor friends tired just watching.

Let me know who your weird neighbors are. If you are a neighbor of mine, never mind!

1 comment:

  1. We have neighbors that have packed their garage with so many toys, boats, ATV's, Dirtbikes, and all the accessories to go with it, that they can't park in their garage. Oh and did I mention that they openly discuss how they smoke marijuana behind their fridge door so the neighbors won't see them, and go "shrooming" in the doons all the time and would love it if we went with them. Seriously? You expect me to go out in the middle of no where with people I don't know who are doing drugs that I haven't heard of except in history books.....no thanks! Side note - they are really nice people but man do they throw us some curve balls every once and a while.

    ReplyDelete