Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Today I indulge......

Today I indulge myself with a couple of personal things. First, my brilliant daughter Amanda who is on the downhill slide toward her Masters in Counseling sat down, one on one, with her first clients. And, not wanting to save the worst for later, her first client dropped a personal problem bomb that Amanda says sent her blood pressure racing. She can't disclose the exact details but she said it was a very serious situation to face your first time out. She did great.

Another thing, my good friend Tina Stephens has my new web site up, not complete as it will be a work in progress for a couple of months. At least my oils and some of my music is available. I will be adding, hopefully today, a link from the blog to the website and back. Visit samleejackson.com

Okay, now to something much more important. Am I the only one that standing in line at the grocery or the pharmacy with delicate items that feels that every woman in line is staring at my purchases. A few days ago the area on my finger where my wedding ring resides began to itch. It turned red and scaly (too much info?). My wise daughter, married to an ex-jock football player, suggested I get an anti-fungal cream. Seemed innocent. You go look. Every anti-fungal cream at Walgreen's screams RELIEVES JOCK ITCH! Holy guacamole, that isn't the only place a fungus resides. I felt compelled to explain but the lady said it was just none of her business. I finally had to stick my finger under her nose for her to agree that maybe I didn't have that other problem. I left before security arrived.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant's a little extreme don't you think? I can always count on you guys for encouragement.

    On another note.....you're lucky it was only security called, I wouldn't have blamed her if she had called the police on you. TMI!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete