Thursday, September 10, 2009

From a ten to a three in a glance

So this guy walks into the Doctors office with what appears to be a duck growing out of the top of his head. The Doctor says, "Oh my, that certainly looks to be a problem!" and the duck says "Yeah, so how are you going to get this thing off my butt?"

Carol said I should make these blogs funnier.

Driving to work today I stopped at a stop light waiting to turn left when a sports car pulled up beside me. I glanced over to see a very attractive blond girl at the wheel. I mean very attractive. Hey, I'm old but I still have eyes. So I glanced at her again and that's when I saw the cigarette between her fingers. I was surprised at my reaction. The girl went from a ten to a three in an instant. She's good to look at but I don't want to be close enough to smell her.

Now I have to tell you, when I was her age I smoked. Everyone smoked. Every movie star, everyone on television. We all had a Pall Mall or an Old Gold hanging from our lips. Bogart wouldn't have looked so cool if he didn't have the cigarette. When you smoke you don't smell it. I admit freely I will smoke a cigar on festive occasion and I like the smell of pipe smoke but lingering cigarette smoke stinks. Bad. But, since we all smoked we all smelled alike. And we were ignorant. At age 56 my father died of lung cancer, a pack and a half smoker his entire life. He cried at the end. It still took me another ten years before I realized that I couldn't say I was really smart and at the same time have a pack of fags in my pocket. Fags, weird huh? That's what we all called them. My Dad wouldn't quit but he he knew the danger, even back then. I remember him taking a white handkerchief and drawing a cigarette through it and showing me the brown nicotine left behind. That goes into your body, he said.

See Carol, that was funny.

One last thing, whichever of the twelve of you that reads this blog, I mean the one that is a personal friend of the President I want to say Thank You! Evidently you told him of my previous blog that was an open letter to the President. The one about him taking command of this health care debate. Well, I watched his speech last night and he obviously had heard about my blog. So, whoever you are, thanks again!

I know there are many sides to be considered in this issue and most don't understand insurance anyway but as I spent over twenty years in the health insurance industry I feel I have a little better perspective than the average boy. Hey, if you have any questions about your health insurance or about the debate e-mail me at sjackson25@cox.net and I'll try to help you understand. No political agendas. If I can't help because I don't have enough information, I'll tell you that also. Mention this blog as the subject so I won't think it's spam.

No comments:

Post a Comment