Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Official

Okay, Amanda has personally told all 400 of her best friends so I have permission to announce that her and Lance are with child and the baby is expected in mid-September. Needless to say, Carol and I are ecstatic. I agree with my friend Curt Johnson who stated that Carol doesn't look like a grandmother. Amen to that. I, on the other hand......

I will not be a first time grandfather. My oldest daughter, Samantha has three lovely girls, Alexandria, Rachel and Zoe and live in Monticello Illinois. An unfortunate distance away. But, Amanda is quite a bit younger than her sister so this makes me feel like an old grandpa. The good news is that I'll be 77 when the kid becomes a teenager and everyone knows that 77 year old men are borderline senile and can't be blamed for slapping people.

2 comments:

  1. This baby is blessed with the best grandparents in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be the perfect grandpa!!! :)

    ReplyDelete